Long Distance

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Q&A: Dungeons

slave allan asked: You mentioned your desire to have another dungeon in Richmond, Virginia. Would you describe your vision for this dungeon? Also if a reader would like to help with the dungeon, is there anything you would like in particular? 


There was a spelling error in your question allan, please be more attentive. Otherwise, perfect timing for this question. I am once again pro-actively looking for a permanent play space in Richmond. When the timeline didn't work out quite how I had planned for the first two months here, I had to make some adjustments to my plans. The condo my friend made available to me has been the perfect spot for contemplating my navel, regrouping after the drastic changes the past year has seen and planning what comes next. It is less than the perfect place for hosting BDSM sessions. 

I have finished the period of contemplation.
My vision is an attached garage. Attached is preferred to stand alone as I would rather not to have subs trekking across the backyard to reach the restroom. That is one of my only complaints about Safe Haven, that there wasn't a restroom in the space. A typical garage has the things I need, and is the right size. I need structure strong enough to attach hard points. Hard point, a hook or other tie off spot that can support the weight of an adult. At Safe Haven there is a simple, heavy duty chain hanging from the hard point. While it does its job, and one can clip off anywhere along the chain to accommodate people of any height, Mistress is tired of climbing a step ladder in heels. My space will have a pulley system. A pulley system will also allow for a sub to be restrained by his feet if I prefer. Short of having a sub stand on his head, I could not do that with the static chain at Safe Haven. I am all about inversion lately. There's an inversion table on my wishlist, and if a generous subbie doesn't bestow one on me soon, I do think it is going to be my Christmas present to myself.  I need a space that won't be damaged by having dozens of tie of spots along the walls & floors. My dungeon in Taunton had dozens of spots along the baseboard, a perk of being the home owner, I could make holes in the baseboard. I have missed those in the spaces I have utilized over the past 10 years. 
My vision for this space is cozy, warm and rustic. I want to hear the rain of the roof when I session on stormy days. I want it to be dark and cool, in August. 
One of my celebrity crushes is Alton Brown. He's smart, a little sadistic (have you watched Cut Throat Kitchen?) and he can cook, be still my heart. Anyway, back on Good Eats, he had great disdain for items he called uni-taskers. I too strongly dislike things that take up space and can only do one job. My space has to be a multitasker like me. It will be my space to record and broadcast from, and it will lend itself to photo shoots. It is my intention to make it available on Kink B&B (yes, that's a thing! How cool is that?) when I am in New England.  It will be a cozy space for small parties. And as I network here, I will make the space available to other professionals and players in the scene. 
There are several ways friends and fans can contribute if they wish. I have mentioned before that many of my pieces were destroyed while in storage when we moved from Virginia back to Massachusetts. The pieces acquired more recently were either co-owned with or belong to my ex. In an effort to minimize conflict, I relinquished any claim to co-owned items. I am reinvesting as quickly as I can in my own collection, but between moving, and my vanilla responsibilities, my savings and budget are screaming their safe words and begging me to have mercy.  So if you see a piece on my wishlist that you would love to explore with me, I will show my gratitude with an experience you will never forget. When the space is found, the goal is to start the New Year in this new space, I will need help with moving. There will be hardware to install, and heavy things to lift; I am not a damsel but these are skills not in my wheelhouse. Returning to Massachusetts for a visit, as I have tried to plan too many times now, would quiet my savings and budget quite nicely, and one can contribute to that here.  In the spring I will also need a hand in Massachusetts packing what is left of my belongings. As always though, friends support their friends' projects. The best way to do that is to comment, share, and echo my promotions where ever it is appropriate and safe for you to do so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment