Long Distance

Monday, April 10, 2017

These are a few of my favorite things...

Two of my very favorite things are Mondays and lists.
I read an article 20 or more years ago that said a disproportional percentage of people die on Mondays. The author speculated this was because a disproportionate number of people hate their jobs. It's been a long time, I don't recall fact checking the article. Maybe it was all hokum, but it stuck with me all the same. It seems like it could be true. Mondays have always been my favorite day of the week. I vowed to never work a job that I hate and ruin the best day of the week by dying on it some day while stuck in traffic.
Mondays are the best day of the week because it's a new start. Whatever went wrong last week is over, on Monday there is the potential for every thing to go perfectly. Monday is a new notebook and a freshly sharpen pencil.
Which brings me to one of my other favorite things. Lists. I love lists. I am mildly OCD. At the start of the day I find my list reassuring. This is what I am going to do, and I am prepared to do it. At the end of the day my list with a column of neat little checks is a reward. Even items that don't have a check, items that didn't get competed, they're no big deal. There they are ready to be transposed to tomorrow's list. Without a list those items would bounce around in my thoughts and keep me from sleeping until they were completed.
All of this was to say I have a new idea for this blog, an idea that combines my favorite things, a Monday List. Each Monday I will post a list of what's going on in the studio. So without further ado, the first Monday List.


  • Available Days: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
  • New toys: Pink bouncy seat that I believe I have posted a picture of recently
  • New Projects: Mistress is starting an ebook tentative release date May 1st
  • Looking forward to (scene): a session with a subbie that first contacted me over a decade ago, but was unable to follow through at the time. 
  • Looking forward to (vanilla): Trail time with my pony :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment