Long Distance

Monday, March 12, 2018

Mistress's Escape: Part 1

Let's call this Before. This was the last party before my vacation. I sincerely had a great night, and loved every moment of it. This was taken at about 3am. I had been in the ER with a family member 7 hours before. I had left another party 24 hours before. I had oh, maybe 3 hours of sleep in those 24 hours. 

Despite a couple of significant hiccups, Mistress's much needed vacation was amazing, refreshing and everything I had hoped it would be. I made it home safely, and was back in the dungeon swinging Dreamer and Dancer with renewed vigor within 8 hours of returning. 
My trip was very much a planned sabbatical. If you read this blog regularly, or follow me on the various other platforms I maintain my professional presence, you are aware that I maintain a very hectic, demanding schedule. Most weeks I am in my dungeon on Tuesdays and Thursdays for private sessions. Every Friday night, and 2 Wednesdays a month I am the lead dungeon Mistress for Princess Gemini Enterprises. Saturdays I typically spend at Safe Haven or Twizted Acres, as a guest to enjoy downtime with my partners, friends and playmates. However the tight-knit nature of the scene community dictates that there are many points where crossover between play mode Mistress Cassidy and work mode Mistress Cassidy occurs. Saturdays are when that crossover most often occurs. There are several monthly munches I try to attend. Of course behind the scenes I have many additional responsibilities. I have, or rather had, two collared long distance submissives. I often have short term contracts with additional long distance submissives. There are photo shoots, planning meetings, and recruiting vendors. We are about to expand our schedule to include a monthly aftercare gathering, and we are in negotiations with several local and out of state venues. We are in the pre-production stages of offering a monthly podcast, video content, and live cam viewing of events. Oh I forgot the most time consuming part of my profession, networking and promoting. Can't have the best parties in New England if we don't find the best players in the community and invite them to be our guests. Can't be a resource for exploring and growth, if newbies don't know where to find us. Can't sink my floggers into tender flesh, if willing flesh doesn't know how to contact me. And all of this is in addition to my vanilla responsibilities. I have many vanilla responsibilities. I am a volunteer leader for a large organization that would be inappropriate to name here, but I give them several hours of my time weekly year round. My pony is a great source of stress release for me weekly, that requires hours of care & maintenance daily. 
Let's call this During. I am about to meet one of my best friends for sushi.



When viewed through one lens, the timing of my vacation was poorly planned. I have too much on my plate to jet to Richmond to have sushi with my bestie. When viewed through the other lens, the timing of my vacation was long overdue and could not be put off another moment. Jetting to Richmond for sushi with my friend was the only thing that mattered that day.

This will have to be a two or more part post, I have officially run out of time and quiet for blog updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment