Long Distance

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Thoughts on Being a Dominatrix and slave allan's Latest Post

I have added a new component to my long distance slave allan's training. He was given the option of sharing it in his blog and opted to do so. The post can be found here: slave allan. It's a rather more vulnerable post than what followers of his blog might normally see. When I read it to approve it before posting, I realized it was a sharable moment in someone else's words that illustrates why I love what I do.
It isn't that I have a particular interest in dictating one's diet or activity level. I am not a professional dietician or fitness trainer, which of course slave allan is aware of. My interest, what thrills me about being a Dominatrix, at the risk of sounding a little new-agey- woo-hoo, is that my subs will show me their soul. Maybe it's an extreme form of voyeurism, but that is what excites me to witness. It happens in the vanilla world occasionally. If you push, if you really engage with the people you meet, sometimes they'll share something deeper than the weather with you, but it is so rare. Even with the people you're closest to; we all have our baggage. Everyone has some, completely reasonable, self-preservation barriers that they keep up.
I'm a huge fan of Ann Rice. In her version of vampirism, vampires can hear each other's thoughts, unless it is a vampire one has made. I read Interview with a Vampire the first time when I was seventeen. I remember being unable to suspend belief and accept that as part of the story. How can that be how it works? The people one is closest to, shouldn't they be the ones who can hear you the loudest? Know you the best? Magical, mythical creatures of extraordinary abilities and they can't hear if their offspring loves them or loathes them. It just seemed unbelievable to me, and wise 17 year old me was certain that's not how life worked.
But it is, isn't it? We can not read anyone's mind of course, but we hold back what we are passionate about, what inspires us, sometimes even from the people who stir that passion or inspire us directly.
As a dominatrix, strangers share their souls with me. Typically it is only a glimpse, my hubris is not so great as to believe that I see all of who they are either, but it does tend to be the glimpse that they share with few if any others. In my dungeon, things that can not be put into words are articulated and brought to life.


1 comment:

  1. Mistress I enjoyed reading this post. As your slave it is nice to learn more about my Owner. This last week you have made me a happy slave, by mentioning me here, including me on your Fetlife profile and finally by having me wear a collar 24/7. Which I love doing.

    ReplyDelete