Long Distance

Thursday, October 25, 2018

It Isn't Always What it Seems






Anyway, things are going well. As much as getting up sucks, I definitely feel better when I sit down in the evening and can list the things I’ve accomplished. I’m also about to start a new vitamin protocol based on my lab results, which should help my energy as well as some other issues I’ve been having. All of that stuff will arrive for me on Saturday. It’s full steam ahead, and most of this thanks to my Mommy. ❤

That is why I am a dominant.
That is an excerpt from My boi's latest blog post, which can be read in its entirety HERE.
You should read it in its entirety.



This entry has been outlined, begun, backspaced and begun again more times than I can count. There's this meme that floats around Instagram occasionally that originally sparked the idea.

What is it that I am trying to convey? What is the idea? I want to share that BDSM, as a career and as a hobby, really isn't all about sex.  At least for me it isn't. Why has it been hard to write? Because I am a sex-positive adult with a healthy libido, if it were all about sex- so what? There is nothing wrong with consenting adults communicating their fantasies and navigating together how they may experience them safely.
Why then do I want to insure my readers how wholesome my profession is?
Oh there are just so many delicious conflicts in BDSM play.
I love that, well except when it drives me crazy. See there's another of those conflicts.
Let me share some of the BDSM things I have done recently.
I received a picture late one night of someone's clean, polished, shiny sink.
I made an action item list for Mistress Dahlia to kick off our soon to be announced collaborative project.
I established bedtimes for my boy. I sent a package of stickers and candy to a little I adore who is acing her midterms. I have taken video calls from my kitten at 6am, after turning in at 4am. I have sent my top countless OCD fueled emails as quitting smoking has stirred up so many emotional landmines for me. I ran ads when I wasn't in the mood, and I am writing a blog entry when the words are resistant.
Note the distinct lack of: I went to this great party. I flogged this beautiful bottom. I jetted X miles for an amazing afternoon decompressing. There will be more great parties. I actually have an invite for one tomorrow evening. I am a guest at this party, a new guest at that. There will be no expectations placed on me. I will appreciate this downtime all the more for all the work I have done in recent weeks. There will be new beautiful bottoms under my flogger, maybe I'll even find one at aforementioned party. I will notice when a new bottom is trying to catch my eye, because at the moment there isn't a local one claiming my attention. There will, I hope soon, be delicious afternoons decompressing.
BDSM play is not all get on your knees, and do as I say. It is inspiring, earning, maintaining that devotion and basking in it when it is given spontaneously, and sincerely.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment