Long Distance

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Tuesday is the New Monday

What's better than any Monday? A Monday that also happens to be the first of a new month! If Monday is a new notebook, with infinite possibilities; a month starting on a Monday is a new Trapper Keeper with matching folders. Mistress is a bit of a dork, I am OK with this. You should be too or you should look for a new dominant to follow and/or serve. 
  • New Toys: If I'm not mistaken this will be the third time I type, no new toys lately. It's almost like my wishlist isn't posted on my website & my subbies don't know what I need. 
  • Nail & toe polish: Completely naked on both fronts. I've been in the garden or the stable every moment it hasn't been raining. A deep moisturizing session is in order before fresh paint. 
  • New Projects: Steady progress is being made on the as yet unrevealed new project. I'm hoping it will be ready for sharing in the next week or so...hold your breath for me, it may make me work faster. Oh OK that's a fib, but it will amuse me if you turn blue like a smurf for a minute or two.
  • Ebook Updates: Progress here! Yay! My muse started singing and I banged out another few pages and edited what was done previously. I'm going to remove my self-imposed deadline here. It was intended to motivate me, it failed.The ideas come when the ideas come, forcing it when it's just not happening makes it sound awkward and labored.  
  • Looking forward to (scene): I have a couple of old friends stopping in the studio over the next few days. Looking forward to some extended scenes. There's also a couple of rough draft entries awaiting tidying up & posting here. Watch for them. 
  • Looking forward to (vanilla): We can probably just always assume that this space will contain the words horse, garden in some combination until summer. At that time it will be edited to say horse, garden, pool, beach. 

3 comments:

  1. Good evening Ma'am, I hope all is well. I do enjoy reading your work each week, especially when session related. However as I read this week, 2 questions came to mind that I don't ever recall asking and if I may ask....what is your favorite flower to grow...and vegetables to grow. And also, may I ask what the name of your horse is? I remember that as a child I was able to work with a horse named Minute Maid at a therapy farm in NC...I was 7. She was beautiful....she almost glowed each morning when she would come in from the open corral to be dressed. That was one of the most wonderful experiences in my life and I certainly understand why people and horses bond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you asked about 2 subjects that I could literally talk about for days. Gardening: first you should know that as much as I love to garden, I am absolutely horrible at it. I have improved a little bit every season since I started a decade ago, but I totally do not have a natural green thumb. So I always plant some easy growers so I don't become too discouraged. Sunflowers, tomatoes, mints; these are all almost foolproof. But what I really like is rare heirloom veggies, especially things in colors we don't expect but are actually the original color of the vegetable. So I've tried lots of things like purple & scarlet carrots, yellow & orange watermelon etc. This year I am planning on moving before the season is over (locally, don't panic!) so I'm keeping the gardens simple for my housemate to maintain if he wishes after I'm gone. I'm going to plant a "3-Sisters" garden, which is corn, squash & peas planted together- each benefits the other. Google it :) I'm putting in a lilac bush, a couple of trees and really packing the flower gardens with bulb flowers that should naturalize & spread without much tending. And I'll be right back to babble about my pony :)

      Delete
  2. On to babbling about ponies! So you asked her name, and I'm sorry but I can't share it here in my blog. I talk about her extensively, by name, on my vanilla social media hang-out places. There is a lot of cross over between my scene & vanilla life in real life, but online I try to keep it a bit more established. I have no worries about real life clients knowing a bit about my day life, but strangers can read my blog. So I'll just share that she came with the name she has, I didn't name her and I'll tell you her name next time we session :)

    ReplyDelete