Long Distance

Monday, May 22, 2017

My Dominatrix Fantasy verses Real Life as a Dominatrix

There will be no Monday's List this week. I am simply swamped with commitments in every area of my life. I imagine that some readers are thinking something along the lines of, why doesn't she delegate some of this work to her stable of subs? That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.
In my fantasy life as a dominatrix I might imagine that my day looks something like; wake up at the hour of my choosing, to birds chirping and a breakfast tray of pastries and fresh squeezed juice. Served to me by a sub who bears a striking resemblance to Alton Brown, and is his culinary equal. A Bowie look-a-like draws my bath and sings to me while I soak in a bubble-filled tub that JK Rowling used as the inspiration for describing the bath in the fourth Harry Potter book. Madeleine Stowe's doppelganger lays out my clothing and helps me dress. All the while a team of grooms are hard at work in my stable preparing my pony for a relaxing romp around the grounds and another team of secretaries are screening and scheduling sessions that will amuse and stimulate me for that evening. The grooms and secretaries might resemble Prince, Cynthia Ettinger, Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman and Johnny Depp in a pirate costume; my tastes are eclectic like that. My evening sessions would be a charming X-dresser who wants to be dressed up like a blushing bride and given a lesson in etiquette, followed by a sensory deprivation session with a side of forced smoking, and wrapping up the night I'd have a pain slut with resilient skin who wants to be covered with welts and bruises. Each sub would arrive on time, bearing chocolates and flowers, and they would smell like soap & toothpaste. I would return home to slave-chef Alton serving something new & delicious and all of my celeb impersonating subs would reenact my favorite scenes from my favorite movies. He couldn't quite understand that the charge nurse couldn't make it be yesterday. Thank you very much, Albert Einstein.* 
I am blessed. My real world does, in some areas at least, mimic my fantasy life. I spend my free time riding my pony. I am often indulged and treated to masterful meals. The vast majority of my clients are timely, well-groomed and a ball to play with. But at the end of the day, being a dominatrix is my business. It is a career that I love, but there are components to it that are work, just like any other job. I can not delegate screening clients to a sub. It would compromise my clients' privacy and it would be impossible to teach a sub to hear the things I hear when I interact with potential clients. I can not task subs with managing my advertisement. When advertising an adult service, the venues I advertise with have various safety & legal protocols. I am often asked to verify personal information such as my legal name, my residence and even my tax ID information. Even if I had a slave who I trusted with that information, it is actually crossing into some legal gray areas to create an advertisement for another in an adult industry. I only trust myself to clean my gear and playspace to my standards.
So it's back to the trenches for me. Branding, advertising, screening potentials and upkeeping the dungeon. The really cool idea I planned on unveiling a week or so ago? The one I imagine is going to be so much fun when it is up & running? Ya, well, creating a merchant account with a reputable provider who is adult industry friendly is proving a bit more challenging than I thought it would be. I'm in a holding pattern waiting for my site to be screen & approved. The assorted great ideas I have for posts here? They're still shorthand notes on my paper To Do List.
 But stay tuned, I'll catch up soon.
* If you can name the movie that quote is from, without using google, I'll publically declare how very cool you must be.

No comments:

Post a Comment