Long Distance

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Doubling Down




It does. It does so very much. Almost 10 years ago, in November of 2018, I moved to Richmond, Virginia. I arrived on my 36th birthday, which also happened to be Thanksgiving that year. It was a poorly planned move. I had been intending to move to Maine. Don't ask how one ends up in Virginia when one intends to move to Maine. These things happen in my universe. Poor planning aside, it is among the Top 10 Best Decisions I have ever made. I found a community, my tribe, I felt I was home. My business took a serious nose-dive during the years I lived there though. The recession was in full swing. I was busy with vanilla responsibilities. If I had stayed in Virginia, I would probably now be engaged in a full-time muggle gig, hopefully with a dynamic or two that kept me entertained at least. Why plan? Things happen when they are meant to happen. If you point yourself more or less in the direction you want to go, you'll probably wind up there. Or you'll wind up somewhere better. Well that's how it works out for me. So far.
I hold many conflicting beliefs. Everyone does, I just embrace them. I love to plan. I obsessively write lists. They're color-coded by the day of the week. The portion where I write To Call:, that portion is alphabetized and sub-categorized by relation to me. Family first, personal second, business third. I have a detailed, high-lighted, multi-listed, agenda titled "Operation Go Home". It outlines my budget for returning to Virginia, who I have to see before I leave, finding the right space and how to utilize said space when I find it. At the half way point between when I said out-loud this is what I am doing next, and when I intend to do it, things are just shy of completely on target. So close I am splitting hairs to say that it is not 100% on target. I am to the spot where if nothing else came together properly, I can still make this happen. I'll be working with a shoe string & Ramen noodle budget, but that does not scare me. I have done more with less in the past. It seems the universe is enthusiastically endorsing my plans.
This is what scares me, just a little. Things are coming together perfectly. A small hiccup or two, but really green lights at every intersection. It is not just the universe smiling upon me. I am doing my part. I am working, and I am putting everything I have in. The past few weeks have been hard. Over and over again, I have held cards that I have no idea their value and pushed all my chips in. Sorry, most of you are not privy to my poker analogies. Inside joke. I have no poker face, I don't even know how to play poker. There, I tipped my hand entirely. That is my approach. Hey, here's what I got, I trust you to tell me if I won. The pot keeps getting bigger, the risk higher and I am going to keep playing the way that works for me. Everyone knows my method now. The universe knows my strategy now.
What if this last push is a mistake?
What if the scene in Richmond is still barely breathing even now in this (almost) post-recession economy? What if my networking abilities are not as strong as I believe them to be? What if I have all the parts but I put them together wrong?  I am a planner. I have a list. I'm human, I make mistakes. What if this is one of them?
Who cares?
 I want this and I am going to have it. If it all goes up in flames, I'll break out the marshmallows. I am a risk-taker. I improvise.
I hold contradicting beliefs, but I embrace them.
Mistress Cassidy V. Cream is going to Richmond on September 7th, 2018. The most perfect space will make itself known to me within a week. By September 15th some variation of my new dungeon will be ready for sessions. I will be back in Massachusetts before October 15th, to tend to details and pack. October 15th through November 15th I will be sessioning at Safe Haven.
Mistress is doubling down, and inviting my subs and would-be subs to do the same. It is your goal to please me, yes? Refer back to the schedule I outlined above, for the remainder of this time in Mass, my first block of time in Richmond and my next return to Mass, clients who send their deposits now will be credited double their deposit, and those who prepay in full, I will double their time. Standard tributes,  no other special applies. A deposit of $50 per hour will be credited at $100, or prepay by the hour for double the time, up to 6 hours for 3 hours tribute. Double time applies to text, phone and cam sessions as well. Shoot me an email cassidycream15@gmail.com with your interests, a quick synopsis of your previous experiences and when you hope to schedule your session. Be prepared to send your deposit or tribute as soon as I approve your appointment via PayPal. Time wasters, will not be indulged for a moment.













No comments:

Post a Comment