Long Distance

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

All Around the World Statues Crumble for Me

Have I ever shared how much I appreciate when one is just a little bit over the line between arrogant and confident? Yes, a toe into the arrogant zone, maybe a whole leg. Listen sincere confidence is hard sometimes. Sometimes one does have to fake it, or at least that's been my experience. If someone appears truly confident, a socially acceptable level, I'm like I don't know if I can roll with you. What if it really is 100% sincere?  If I catch you acting a little arrogant, just a little, then I know you have something, I may not know the specific thing, but ya flashed your cards a little, and now I know there's something you're not so confident about. I love a contradiction, and I know I have said that here before.

I had plans. I had plans to go to Vegas. Said that here back in December when I was so very confident it was a done deal. Wasn't a paid deal, but hey little bravado and suddenly the universe is manifesting your every wish. Or at least that's been my experience.

I had plans to go to the art museum. Mandatory vanilla day, right? Were we Insta friends? You've
seen me post about Mandatory vanilla day. No one sent the memo to the intended museum that Monday's are the best day of the week.

See, I need an assistant. Because also, Mistress Cassidy didn't bother to check the museum's website for their posted hours.

Whatever, found a way cool new-to-me playground and that's as cool as an art museum on mandatory vanilla day. And I heard Sugar Ray, who at 20-something I thought was just way too arrogant but at 47, I'm like ya I hear you.

The event I wished to attend in Vegas was cancelled the night before. The universe grants my every wish, except when it would be best for me if it doesn't.

I have new plans. Hold your breath. I'm going to master this thing called patience because I am so fucking over the pop quizzes.

Travel plans will be posted when the tickets are in my inbox or maybe when we're in the air.


No comments:

Post a Comment