Long Distance

Friday, January 17, 2020

It's Been Some Time Since We Last Spoke....

This is gonna sound like a bad joke...
No one knew I was jamming to Doja Cat, Tia Tamera in the last post. Woah, sad face. My twins big like Tia, Tia Tamara. Well not mine really, but....<look at me keeping a secret with just tiny, pay attention or you'll miss them, bread crumbs>.  I think this title will prove easier. 
My intention today actually is not a Dear Diary entry. The current playlist is for another entry, the one future me is writing around the end of February. <ya hungry? There's an easter egg for a select few> 
I so miss the sound when the record changes. Some Youtuber should create it and then let that be the commercial break when we're drifting. 
I believe in the sand beneath my toes I swear, I had no idea the lyrics were all drug references until it had imprinted itself deep. I thought we were on a dance floor when we bumped again and then bumped again. Because I do believe in the faith that grows and the right four chords can make me cry. Totes missed that he was taking sips of it to his nose. Eww. 
I intended to type about fetishes today. Just a primer, and maybe I'll share one of mine. Have we met? I'm all about sharing, oversharing even. 
The first response on Google defines "fetish" as, a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc. 
Does anyone look further than the first response on Google?
I disagree, and I have as much authority as Google to define what it means to have a fetish. My biggest objection is the use of the word "abnormal".
Someone, sorry I forget who so I can not bump ya, I follow on Twitter posted something like, "Is that a real thing, a pot smoking fetish?". Dozens of people had already schooled her, so I skipped it. I was more taken back by, is it a thing that people in the adult industry don't know the basics of fetishes? I know, my meter is out of kilter with the mainstream, but is it out of sync even in the small offshoots?
Anything can be a bookmark, your grandma can be a bookmark. Oops, wrong hat. That reference was way obscure. If you know it, I'll grant you official status among the cool kids. No Google cheating though. Either you know it or you don't, I will know if you are a poser.
Anything can be a fetish. and in and of itself, that is completely normal. Your fetish may be odd, your tastes may be obscure, but having a fetish is normal.
Mistress Cassidy does indeed have the authority to declare such things.
I don't recall how young I was the first time I encountered the word fetish. My dictionary at the time suggested that it was when a person could only achieve arousal by engaging with the object of their fetish. This lead a past me to contemplate if that meant that many men were putting their bits in shoes, and to be petrified of what women who liked shoes may be doing with them.
If anyone is still holding onto a definition like that, let me free you. That definition is more dated than my fondness for yellow disks in the center of black disks and the sound they make when the arm moves the next one in rotation onto the spindle.
I have a fondness for records. It triggers a nostalgic break for me. I do not have a fetish for records.
I propose that most people have a fetish, or several in their wiring. It isn't just my involvement in the BDSM community that has lead me to believe this, but because of that I am not bashful about asking people what excites them. I am also in tune to hear the difference between when a person is talking about a thing they are fond of and a thing that excites them in other ways.
Let's do this. When you read the next sentence you are going to join what was a very exclusive group, People Who Know One of Mistress Cassidy's Fetishes. Ready? I have a thing for striped shirts. I have a fondness for stripes in general. I like orderly things, but artistically pleasing orderly things. This is different. There are a couple types of striped shirts, that when worn by people with certain body types, that just...um...omi. I can feel my eyes dilate. I can hear my pulse quicken. Whoever is wearing it will have my undivided for at least a minute. Have we met? A minute of my undivided is a thing of note. I will not violate this person's boundaries. If they are a tool, my fascination with them will end in about a minute. I have had many, many magical moments with not a striped shirt in sight or even in my imagination. A fetish is not a compulsion. It is not a requirement. It is simply an atypical arousal response to what's probably a rather mundane thing. Chances are, even if you hold a more popular fetish, like say feet, your particular angle, is likely unique. It is not abnormal, but rather another one of those ways we are each different, just like everybody else.

  

2 comments:

  1. Could my interest in writing, which I contribute to you Mistress be considered a fetish? And if it is a fetish, I should inform you that I'm working on a guest post for you again. As far as fetishes go, do I get brownie points by remembering some of yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does writing cause you to have an arousal response? You should inform me if you are doing a post for me regardless of whether it is a fetish allan. I need to know your topic so I can determine where & if it fits with what I have planned.

      Delete