Long Distance

Monday, December 11, 2023

If You Can Keep Your Head....

 


when all about you, 

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you  

If you can jet to Istanbul, for vanity and savings

Then come home, and double down 

Take them all out, and put new ones in

Without a word of your loss or moaning about the pain

Then you're probably a boss bitch, with 20" blades on your Impala. 

You're probably also the Queen of Dorkville, and you should just accept that not many are apt to catch your references. 

There's some financial advisor, sorry don't remember who, who I heard say the way to tell if you can truly afford something is to ask yourself if you can afford to buy two. If the first were lost, stolen, improperly installed, could you replace it without it causing havoc to your budget? 

Wait. What? Did she just say she had to have her brand-new implants taken out?  

Ya, I said it twice even. Lean-in to those things you find embarrassing, remember?  

I mean it's not quite as mortifying as that time I broke a toy off in my ass, and I have successfully reframed that story. 

But who cares, let's catch up. If I am going to stick to my commitment to write here weekly, I'm going to need some foreplay. 

Tell me where you found pleasure today. 

What made you excited? 

How are you investing in your happiness? 

Or just say hello forfucksakes. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment