Long Distance

Monday, March 23, 2020

Science is Magic with Defined Borders

I hope this post finds everyone in good spirits and good health. It has been a challenging couple weeks, hasn't it?
It's Monday and it is raining. My favorite combination. Today when I heard it though my first thought was: oh but almost everyone else on the planet hates this combination. Normally the opinions of others just do not concern me, narcissist or a healthy mindset when one is naturally inclined to be eccentric, also defined by your opinion that I have already explained isn't usually of consequence to me. 
There's a story behind why I love Mondays. There's a long version that starts like 30ish years ago. There's a super quick Insta post version, variations of: If you love your job, Monday is the best day of the week. There's not a linear story about why I love rain, but I could go on and on for years giving you examples of magic that happened while it rained. At the end you'd likely get it, you'd likely agree, I'd love the rain too if I had that many great memories associated with it.
The story about Mondays is true, my many stories about the rain are true, perhaps lightly seasoned by time. You know what else is true? Shit things have happened on Mondays too. Awful things I prefer not to dwell on or ever revisit. Sometimes the rain is miserable. I've ever locked myself out of my house, dressed inappropriately for the weather (that's a thing I do often), and been soaked through while trying to jimmy open a window.
It has been a challenging couple weeks for everyone. It will get better or it will get worse. Both better and worse are opinions. Even if there were unanimous agreement, they would not transmute into facts. Besides we could never achieve unanimous agreement, there are people out there who don't like cake.
I hope that the Moon's day gives you a fresh perspective on whatever has subtracted from your comfort. I hope the universal solvent that is pouring down here, washes away anything that you wish removed from your universe. If it isn't raining with you, your hand washing will serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment