Long Distance

Monday, August 19, 2019

A Private Session with Mistress Cassidy

Did you see this? Mistress Sofia   A half a dozen friends sent me the link, and it was shared on assorted Facebook groups that I follow. The first time I saw it, it was captioned with "Guys, I have an idea...". Before the buzz died down, I saw dozens of vanillas contemplating  a career as a dominatrix.

I have the best gig on the planet. How many time have you heard me say that? Over the years I have mentored many aspiring dommes. Not all intended to become professionals, but of those who did I would be embarrassed to tell you how many stayed on course. How few are now, or were ever, earning their living as a dominatrix.



Anyone can do what I do. I have said that before too. It's not entirely true, but I say it all the same. It is part of the illusion. This is effortless. It is my nature. I wake-up looking like this. I am in charge, and I am always on. Those statements are true, ish, and those are the qualifiers that make the first statement true. Anyone could do what I do, if they are me or an awful lot like me. 

Impact play can be divided into two basic categories, thud or sting.  Most of the bottoms I engage with prefer a thud. A thud is an intense massage. A sting is precise. A riding crop delivered with a whistle gives a sting. When it lands it is as hot as fire, and then it continues to build in volume. It is a sharp, slicing, burn echoing from your epidermis down through the layers of fat and muscle. When it finally reaches its peak, it will then radiate out with a warm ripple. A sting hurts and a sting is memorable.

.
Want to have the best gig on the planet? Anyone can do it. On a lark even. Get naked, let's see how many you can take.

There is a synopsis to the right of the video. It reads; As for her adult daughter, she's "proud" of her mom's new lifestyle. Repeat after me, after I demonstrate it once I expect you to do it spontaneously for the rest. One, thank you Mistress.  The pride your adult children feel for your success will be invalidated by quotation marks to imply sarcasm.

Did I cut you a little? Oh poor thing. Breathe, we have just begun.

You'll note I did not say a single thing about those I replicated my dna in who are not adults. The first rule of Fight Club. Ask yourself how one does that. I would explain, but I can not. Can you juggle? Can you juggle while riding a unicycle? You'll figure it out.

The article discloses that Mistress Sofia charges $150 an hour for her subs to clean her home. My tributes begin at $250. It sounds incredulous doesn't it? It isn't. Twelve years ago I began an apprenticeship, a course of study and a degree in a field that called to me almost but not quite as loudly as domination. In many ways they are comparable. Reputation is crucially important to success in each. The hours are long, the pace is unpredictable. The tools of each are specialized and costly. Protecting the privacy of one's clients is an ethical standard that one would be held professionally accountable for if they violated it. And occasionally as a provider, you may be exposed to the accidental release of the bodily fluids of your clients. Your bedside manner and your understanding of universal precautions had better be top notch. In the field that I walked away from when your fees are more than your client expected, it may result in being asked if you offer payment terms. In the field I choose, when I disclose my fees and they are above what was expected, it is apt to result in a man now feeling some passionate emotion related to embarrassment.  You know, embarrassed, ashamed, inadequate, rejected et cetera. You have had this experience, haven't you? A man is complimenting you, saying something flattering or at least intended to be, you politely decline his advances and now you're a bitch, a whore, who do you think you are to think so highly of yourself. How many times have you been in that situation? You're an adult woman moving about the world, no matter the number, you've done it more times than reasonable.  I have had days that I have had to diffuse a dozen men.

Did you say four?  This is your pain, stay in it, I am no where near through with you yet.

Are you single? Good, it is probably best if you stay that way. Oh you have partner? That is going to be tricky. Is he really woke? Progressive? Secure? He's going to watch you leave your home on fleek to go to "work". What does he do for a living? You're probably going to earn more.  Let me know how that works out for you.

Do you have friends? Vanilla friends? Are you going to disclose your new career to them? If you opt not to, you're going to have to come up with a reason why you are suddenly so invested in your appearance or they're going to think you're having an affair. Also it is 2019, the internet is here forever and if you are going to be successful, you need to promote. Your phone is going to out you if you don't choose to do it yourself.

Let's talk about promoting. I transitioned from exotic dancer to professional dominatrix in 1999. In 1999 I had an advertisement strategy and budget. I had business cards. I ran paid ads online and in print. While those activities might be called promoting, I don't think I ever used that term before 2015. Advertising my business took less than 10% of the hours I alloted to work, and I thought about it half that much. I love living in the future, that's one of my favorite posts, scroll back it's worth it. It is exciting isn't it? We have in our pocket a tool that we can use to learn anything, visit any place, and engage with nearly anyone on the planet. A one time purchase, a reasonable monthly fee and the world is ours. It is amazing. Do your best to really embrace your love of technology. In 2019 promoting never ends. I still don't quite understand the math. Your fans and followers are rarely your clients, but there is absolutely a correlation between how many hours you spend promoting, to how many hours you spend in your dungeon. Shh, a dominatrix can never look like she needs the work. We are not hungry. We are fasting, by choice. It is good for us. Besides who has time to eat, we have to promote. Maintain and grow, always. You have a tool in your pocket that will put your business, oh wait we call it a brand now, will put your brand in front of nearly every person on the planet. So does everyone else, and they're fasting too.

You've lost count again, and you seem to be bleeding all over my shoes. On your knees sweetie, you are going to need to clean that up.

It is rather demanding. There is no retirement package other than the one I build myself. There are some components that carry a bit of risk. I am pretty sure there is no longer a path for me that leads back to the mainstream. Oh maybe I could denounce all of it, and my next career could be as a televangelist preacher;  that isn't exactly the mainstream either though is it.
So why do I do it?
Haven't you been paying attention? I have the best gig on the planet. I see the most secret parts of people's souls. If you learn how to juggle while riding a unicycle, you will know without a doubt you can do anything.  Day after day I am called to find compassion for strangers, human strangers with all their inherent quirks and flaws. I am an alchemist and a weaver of magic. I really enjoy the sting.  I have found a way to indulge my fantasies, play make believe, contemplate my navel and build a career around these activities. I get paid to be given foot massages. I am a sadist, I enjoy making others uncomfortable. Day after day I find compassion for my inherently human quirks and flaws.



1 comment:

  1. You know blogger needs to install a like button for all your readers who are to shy to write. At the very least they could express the admiration to the effort you put into writing. As for myself I am mashing that like button now. Since I meet you nearly three years ago I have grown within the scene, but more importantly you set me on the path to becoming a social media manager. I just built and launched my first website for a business that is not mine. So you and your wisdom have mentored a sub as well as the Dommes you trained. I'm proud to endorse you and more important call you a friend, and yes you do have the best job on the planet. As for the fore mentioned tv evangelist, as far as penance goes, I think you have that one covered :)

    ReplyDelete