Long Distance

Friday, August 2, 2024

Be Gentle


Or be banished and live with your regret forever. Have I ever told you how I have a reoccurring nudity dream? I can hear you, you're saying big deal, we all do Cass. Right, I know. Except in my dreams, for decades now, when something major happens, something bad, in response I intentionally take off my clothes so I can handle it unencumbered. Then I handle it. I ace the test or steer my car off the cliff or foil the thief, empowered by being naked. I'm going to start sharing my poetry here too. Maybe. Probably. Definitely. Ya, I'm totally going to do this. And if it sucks, who cares. 







When I hear beautiful women say they've never been told they're beautiful
I roll my eyes, much like when an empath can't read the room. 
Two of ours have told me this, pants on fire ladies
But I have heard it from so many
It's getting hot in here
Stop Drop and Roll
I am an authority on how men talk to beautiful women
Why should I feign modesty, I know Narcissus was pushed. 
That other fib I am still considering
If it meets the criteria to be flattering
My most long-distance love votes pathological
Afterall, I have a type
scratch that, I had a type
We're not doing that on this timeline 
Voting
I spent Independance Day, also to be known as day 361, with my most vanilla friend, 
grateful for her maternal nature  
Her phone was pinging with donation requests from the donkeys
Give a mouse a cookie
Cashapp us now or we will photo shop a MAGA hat on your Facebook icon
But still, like true blue Massholes, we started to cap on the elephants
The cows specifically
Like any mammal might, feminist eat their young
if they're embarrassing
or weak
Can you imagine she said, they support him, is it like Stockholm?
Do they not value their freedom or believe they deserve rights? 
And as I was nodding my head murmuring my concurrence
My ownership tattoo flashed between us 
I wonder if she noticed 
and what she thought of me if she did.


No comments:

Post a Comment