Long Distance

Saturday, March 9, 2024

I Know Lots of People are Smarter than Me...

 

But I have this philosophy,
So what?

Let's shares.

Wanna hear the funny from last weekend? This picture was taken maybe an hour before this story takes place. I made a packie run. Well not really, I made a caffeine run I just wanted to use the term packie. It's been a while since I've been home. Anyway, I jetted to a local convenience store to pick up the contraband. The woman working the counter greeted me like we were down south. Big smile, bright eyes, lashes flashing, good morning can I help you find anything. 

Again, in Virginia, it would have felt normal. In New Hampshire, early on a Sunday morning, it felt suspicious.  Now I'm checking out, she's a cutie, maybe late 20s. She's still all smiles, I think she must be a transplant. Bet she's a southerner, wonder how she wound up here? The culture shock must be so jarring. She rings me up, we exchange currency and a strangely awkward moment. As I'm walking out she stammers a bit and says, I love your shirt. I said thank you and went on with my day. It was an hour later before remembered I was wearing my, I just look straight shirt. Ya know, the one I bought specifically to be an ice breaker when I'm trying to figure out how flirting with women works. 

Oh well, there will be other cute, brave kittens and I won't fail to notice the one destined to be a good match, right? 

Perhaps I should have quoted Lita Ford for our Dance, cum or meditate tune this week.


Our tea party was fucking amazing. We had some snafus, a couple major ones even. My co-hosts took it all in stride. It was so refreshing to collaborate with women with similar standards and work ethics. If needed we can be dramatic later, but right now guests are on their way, so roll up your sleeves and get this done. And also, keep it all in perspective. We're hosting a party. Our pleasure, our delight was also a top tier priority. Somehow with dozens and dozens of moving parts, it all came together and unfolded so perfectly. 

Plans for the next one have already begun. We'll be using a bigger venue, and expanding our guest list. It will still be a vetted, exclusive event but if you ask nicely and beg a little, I may be able to get you in.  

Earth Girls Are Easy (10/10) Movie CLIP - Cause I'm a Blonde (1988) HD (youtube.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment